For worry-free rides
In order to choose the best motorcycle insurance option that works for you and your lifestyle, it’s important to understand all your options. Most states require that motorcyclists carry a minimum of liability insurance, but other coverages, such as collision or comprehensive, are optional and often recommended. The professionals at The Resource Center in Springfield and Branson will help you determine which insurance plan is right for you.
Determine your level of coverage
Liability insurance covers bodily injury and property damage that you may cause to other people involved in an accident - it doesn’t cover you or your motorcycle. Some liability policies provide Guest Passenger Liability Insurance, which provides protection in the event that a passenger is injured on the motorcycle.
Collision insurance covers damage to your motorcycle if you are involved in an accident. Your insurance company pays for damages, minus your deductible, that are caused when you collide with another vehicle or object. Collision insurance usually covers the book value of the motorcycle before the loss occurred.
Comprehensive coverage pays for damages caused by an event other than a collision, such as fire, theft or vandalism. However, just like collision coverage, your insurance company will pay for damages, minus your deductible, and will cover only the book value of the motorcycle.
Motorcycle Insurance: Cost-Saving Tips
- Take a driver training course or a motorcycle safety course, such as the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) rider course. Many companies offer discounts on motorcycle insurance for graduates of training courses.
- Take the motorcycle permit and drivers test with the Department of Motor Vehicles to have your license endorsed as “Motorcycle Qualified.”
- Maintain a good driving record with no violations.
- Buy a “lay-up” policy where all coverage except comprehensive is suspended during the winter months.
- Ask about what other discounts your insurance representative might be able to offer.
Our Motorcycle Insurance Partners
Enjoy a worry-free ride
Let us help you find the best motorcycle insurance.