Estate Planning Made Simple: Join Our Free Workshop!
Are you still putting off estate planning?
If so, you’re not alone!
A 2019 survey from Caring.com found that while 76% of U.S. adults agree that having a will or trust is important, only 40% actually have one.
What’s the most common reason for not having a will?
Procrastination. Half of survey respondents admit that they “just haven’t gotten around to it.”
Other reasons include:
- Don’t have enough assets (22%)
- Don’t know how (6%)
- It’s too expensive (6%)1
If you’re ready to get on track, The Resource Center invites you to attend Estate Planning Basics. It’s a free monthly workshop hosted by Springfield estate planning attorney Will Worsham.
You’ll gain confidence about developing a plan that meets your current needs, works toward long-term goals and protects your loved ones.
Here are just a few of the topics we will address:
- Understanding wills, trusts healthcare directives and power of attorney
- Avoiding probate
- Protecting assets from creditors, divorce or bankruptcy
- Creating a plan for young children or disabled beneficiaries
- Planning for possible incapacity
You’ll also learn what happens if you die without an estate plan in place:
- Probate court — which can be lengthy and expensive for loved ones
- Feuds between survivors over who gets what
- Lack of healthcare directive when it’s needed
This is a purely informational meeting and no one will try to sell you anything. Limited seating is available, so you’ll need to RSVP to reserve a spot.
Think you’re not prepared enough for the meeting?
No need to worry about bringing any documents to the meeting. We have created a process to organize your estate plan without putting the burden on the client to find deeds, titles, or account numbers.
Have questions about estate planning or our monthly workshops? Contact The Resource Center today!
Investment advisory services offered only by duly registered individuals through AE Wealth Management, LLC (AEWM). AEWM and The Resource Center are not affiliated companies.